Station is committed to protect and secure the data of its users following transparent practices. Our privacy policies explains how we collect your personal data, with the strictest respect for your rights, and how that data is used.
Below are our detailed and legally formatted privacy policies. If you don't want to read through the endless jargon, here it is in a nutshell.
What data do you collect about me?
👉 We collect the following information:
- personal information you have shared with us (email, name, etc.)
- the list of applications you have installed on Station so we can display it every time you log into Station on any device
- basic analytics data so we are able to know what features are most used and improve the product accordingly
Do you store navigation or data from my apps on your servers?
👉 Your browser history and any data sitting in the web applications you connect to Station are never stored on our servers. They stay locally on your browser or in the respective app you have connected to Station. Station only helps you to access that data wherever it is.
Do you provide data to any third parties?
👉 We do not sell or provide your information to any third-parties. We only store personal information or analytics in order for the product to work and to improve it. That includes:
- in our database (Google Cloud), so we can identify you when you login and display your information cross-device
- in our emailing tool (customer.io), so we can reach out to you, send you access (you can unsubscribe any time)
- in our messaging platform (Intercom) so we can provide support when needed
What if I want to delete all the data you have about me?
👉 We totally understand that and we are GDPR compliant. Simply let us know you want to delete all your information at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our detailed Privacy Policies 👇
Station is a browser extension, referred as "Application" or the "Service", owned by Station, Inc, referred as "I", "Me", "Our", "We" or "Station".
Anyone using this Extension will be referred as "User" or "You" according to this agreement.
External services like WhatsApp, Slack, ... will be referred to as "External Provider", "External Service" or "External Web-Services".
What information we collect
Station account information
We collect account information related to your use of the Application. Some part of this information can be personal data. By "personal data", we mean any data that enables a person to be identified, e.g. your family name, given name, photograph, or email address, as well as any other information you choose to provide us.
We will inform you, when requesting your personal data, if it's mandatory or optional. We will also inform you of the consequences should you not wish to provide this data.
The Application is running locally on your computer. It displays contents from External Web-Services.
Content loaded from External Web-Services stays on your computer and are never transmitted to Station's web-servers, unless explicitly mentioned. This content can be stored locally in various format such as cookies or browser cache.
How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect for a variety of purposes, and how we use it depends on what we collect and what features you use. These purposes are:
- Providing the Service to you
- Providing customer support or technical assistance
- Contacting you to provide product updates and inform you about features that you may be interested in
- Creating or administering your account
- Deriving usage patterns, ways to improve the application, and other business analysis or research purposes
- Respecting our legal and regulatory obligations
How we share information
Only our employees or the third-party applications we use to deliver a service to our users may have access to your personal data. Government agencies may also be recipients of your personal data, exclusively to meet legal obligations.
Managing Your Information
You may also request the deletion of your personal: to do so, please contact us at: email@example.com
Information for children
The Service is not directed to children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personally identifiable information of a child under the age 13, we will take reasonable steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
If you believe we have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may change this policy from time to time. If we do, we'll post the changes on this page. If you continue to use the Service after those changes took effect, you agree to the revised policy.